- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 2 and 3 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region: 3.9 kb).
- Positive selection markers have been flanked by FRT (Neomycin resistance - NeoR) and F3 (Puromycin resistance - PuroR) sites and have been inserted into intron 1 and intron 3, respectively.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- The constitutive KO allele can be generated by Cre-mediated recombination.
- Deletion of exons 2 and 3 should result in the loss of function of the Tigit gene by deleting the extracellular domain (including the Ig-like V-type domain) and by generating a frameshift from exon 1 to exon 4.
- The remaining recombination sites will be located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed 2013.
Gene Family: Immunoreceptor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Tigit
Gene Accession Number: ENSMUST00000096065
Allele Type: cKO
Official Gene Name: T cell immunoreceptor with Ig and ITIM domains