Design precise, translatable, genetically engineered animal models for preclinical research and drug discovery.
Taconic Biosciences' globally recognized scientific project managers support your custom model design project from design to delivery:
- PhD Scientific Program Managers individually supervise each project to support your research goals.
- Taconic's geneticists, embryologists, molecular biologists, and preclinical scientists are on hand to consult on each stage of the process.
- Taconic's extensive experience in outsourced, in vivo project management assures on-time, on-budget delivery of your animal model.
Developing the Right Model to Deliver the Right Results:
- Multiple genetic modification platforms provide flexibility: CRISPR, ES Cell, Pronuclear Injection
- Fully licensed provider of model generation services, one of few companies in the world licensed to work on rats and mice, prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Comprehensive, high-throughput platforms for qualitative and quantitative genotyping & profiling
- Capacity to produce animals at five health standards including germ-free (GF) for microbiota studies
- Embryology capabilities for the RapidEXPANSION™ service result in up to four-fold reduction in breeding timelines
All animal operations are overseen by board-certified veterinarians and the standing Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).