- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and has been transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Sykb Exon 2 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exon 9 has been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region: 1.1 kb).
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 9 should result in the loss of function of the Sykbgene by deleting the ATP-binding domain and part of the kinase domain and by generating a frameshift from exon 9 to all downstream exons (premature Stop codon in exon 10).
- The remaining recombination sites will be located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2011.
Gene Family: Kinase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Sykb
Gene Accession Number: NM_001198977
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: spleen tyrosine kinase