- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Exon 2 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 3 and 4 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region: 1.5 kb).
- The positive selection marker (Puromycin resistance - PuroR) has been flanked by FRT sites and inserted into intron 2.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- The constitutive KO allele can be generated by Cre-mediated recombination.
- Deletion of exons 3 and 4 should result in the loss of function of the Brd2 gene by deleting most of the Bromo1 domain and by generating a frameshift from exon 2 to exons 5-10 (premature Stop codon in exon 5).
- The remaining recombination sites will be located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed 2013.
Gene Family: Transcriptional regulator
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Brd2
Gene Accession Number: ENSMUST00000114242
Allele Type: cKO
Official Gene Name: bromodomain containing 2