- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Tyk2 exon 3 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 4 to 6 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region: 2.3 kb).
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exons 4 to 6 should result in the loss of function of the Tyk2 gene by deleting part of the FERM domain and by generating a frameshift from exon 3 to exons 7 to 11 (premature Stop codon in exon 7).
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- The corresponding conditional KO allele is available as line 12647.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2012.
Gene Family: Kinase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Tyk2
Gene Accession Number: NM_001205312.1
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: tyrosine kinase 2