- The targeting vector has been transfected into the TaconicArtemis C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- The following elements have been inserted into the ROSA26 locus:
- A human Involucrin promoter cassette (IVL).
- The Slc27a4 open reading frame (based on NCBI transcript NM_011989_2).
- A synthetic polyadenylation signal.
- A Neomycin resistance (NeoR) cassette containing a polyadenylation signal and lacking a translation initiation codon.
- The constitutive TTG line has been generated by crossing chimeras to C57BL/6NTac animals.
- The SLC27A4 protein is expressed under the control of the Involucrin promoter.
- The presence of the NeoR cassette terminates the transcription from the ROSA26 promoter.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2008.
Gene Family: Solute Carrier
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Slc27a4
Gene Accession Number: NM_011989.2
Allele Type: TTG
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: solute carrier family 27 (fatty acid transporter), member 4