- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Rock1 exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 3 and 4 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region: 1.5 kb).
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exons 3 and 4 should result in the loss of function of the Rock1 gene by deleting part of the protein kinase domain and by generating a frameshift from exon 2 to exons 5-7 (premature Stop codon in exon 5).
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2012.
Gene Family: Kinase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Rock1
Gene Accession Number: NM_009071.2
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: Rho-associated coiled-coil containing protein kinase 1