- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and has been transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Prkg2 exon 2 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exon 3 has been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region: 0.9 kb).
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 3 should result in the loss of function of the Prkg2 gene by deleting part of the cGMP1 domain and by generating a frameshift from exon 2 to exons 4 and 5 (premature Stop codon in exon 4).
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2009.
Gene Family: Kinase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Prkg2
Gene Accession Number: NM_008926.4
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: protein kinase, cGMP-dependent, type II