- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Pld3 exon 4 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 7-9 have been flanked by loxP sites.
- The conditional KO allele has been generated after Flp-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been subsequently backcrossed to C57BL/6NTac animals for at least 2 generations and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- The constitutive KO allele can be generated by Cre-mediated recombination.
- Deletion of exons 7-9 should result in loss of function of the Pld3 gene by generating a frameshift (premature stop codon in exon 10).
- The remaining recombination sites are located in intron regions of the genome.
- The corresponding constitutive KO allele is available as line 13775.
- Data mining and Design performed in 2004.
Gene Family: Phosphatase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Pld3
Gene Accession Number: NM_011116
Allele Type: cKO
Source: MCI mol bio pac uploaded
Official Gene Name: phospholipase D family, member 3