- The transgenic construct contains 5´ the 8.5 kb mouse CaM-kinase II alpha chain (mCamk2a) promoter fragment, an 850 bp DNA fragment containing the human b-globin intron 2, and 2247bp ORF of human PLA2G4A cDNA (GenBank Acc# NM_024420), followed by 221bp of SV40 poly A sequence at the 3´ end in a pGL3 vector backbone (Promega).
- A consensus KOZAK sequence has been added upstream of the starter ATG.
- The plasmid backbone was removed and the transgenic construct was microinjected in C57BL/6 mice by pronuclear injection.
- Putative transgenic founders were identified by genotyping and bred for germline transmission with C57BL/6 mice.
- Heterozygous transgenic mice were identified by genotyping.
- Line 11266, C57BL/6-Tg(Camk2a-PLA2G4A)31 Mrl, has the highest expression level of the transgene in the brain.
- Line 11269, C57BL/6-Tg(Camk2a-PLA2G4A)9 Mrl, has the medium expression level of the transgene in the brain.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2009.
Gene Family: Phospholipase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Pla2g4
Gene Accession Number: NM_008869
Allele Type: TG
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: phospholipase A2, group IVA (cytosolic, calcium-dependent)