- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into Taconic’s C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Pilra exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 2-7 have been replaced by the FRT site flanked neomycin resistance gene cassette.
- The neomycin resistance gene cassette has been removed by transient transfection of Flp recombinase into targeted ES cell clones.
- The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals.
- Deletion of exons 2-7 should result in loss of function of the Pilra gene.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2005.
Gene Family: Receptor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Pilra
Gene Accession Number: NM_153510
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: paired immunoglobin-like type 2 receptor alpha