- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Nlrp3 exon 2 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exon 4 has beeen flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region 2.6 kb).
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 4 should result in the loss of function of the Nlrp3 gene by deleting the NACHT domain and by generating a frameshift from exon 3 to all downstream exons (premature Stop codon in exon 5).
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- The corresponding constitutive KO allele is available as line 12935.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2012.
Gene Family: ATPase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Nlrp3
Gene Accession Number: NM_145827.3
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: NLR family, pyrin domain containing 3