- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Niacr1 exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exon 1 has been flanked by loxP sites.
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been subsequently backcrossed to C57BL/6NTac animals for at least 2 generations and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 1 should result in loss of function of the Niacr1 gene by deleting the G protein-coupled receptor, rhodopsin-like domain.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in intron regions of the genome.
- Data mining and Design performed in 2006.
Gene Family: Receptor
Genetic Background: B6.129S6
Gene Symbol: Niacr1
Gene Accession Number: NM_030701
Allele Type: KO
Source: MCI mol bio pac uploaded
Official Gene Name: Niacr1: niacin receptor 1 (Gpr109a)