- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Nfe2l2 exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 2 to 5 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region is 5.0 kb).
- A polyadenylation signal (hGHpA: human Growth Hormone polyadenylation signal) has been inserted 3' of the distal loxP site in order to stop transcription in the constitutive KO allele.
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Cre mediated deletion of exons 2 to 5 should result in loss of function of the Nfe2l2 gene by deleting most of the gene.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- The corresponding conditional KO allele is available as line 13107.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2012.
Gene Family: Nuclear Factor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Nfe2l2
Gene Accession Number: NM_010902.3
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: nuclear factor, erythroid derived 2, like 2