- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Magt1 exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exon 3 has been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region is 1.1kb).
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 3 should result in the loss of function of the Magt1 gene by deleting part of the first topological domain and by generating a frameshift from exon 2 to exons 4 to 9 (premature Stop codon in exon 4).
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- The corresponding constitutive KO allele is available as line 12849.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2012.
Gene Family: Transporter
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Magt1
Gene Accession Number: NM_001190409
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: magnesium transporter 1