- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Lrrtm3 exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exon 2 has been flanked by loxP sites.
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been subsequently backcrossed to C57BL/6NTac animals for at least 2 generations and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 2 should result in loss of function of the Lrrtm3 gene by deleting the Leucine-rich repeat domain.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in intron regions of the genome.
- Data mining and design performed in 2006.
Gene Family: Leucine rich repeat
Gene Accession Number: NM_178678
Allele Type: KO
Source: Mouse Clinical Institute (MCI)
Official Gene Name: leucine rich repeat transmembrane neuronal 3