- Targeting strategy allows generation of conditional and constitutive Knockout Lpcat3 alleles.
- Lpcat3 exon 1 contains the translation initiation site.
- Exon 3 has been flanked by loxP sites (loxP-flanked region: 0.7 kb).
- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exon 3 has been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region: 0.7 kb).
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 3 should result in loss of function of the Lpcat3 gene by deleting two transmembrane domains (SwissProt #Q91V01) and by generating a frameshift from exon 2 to exon 4 (premature Stop codon in exon 4).
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- According to NCBI and Ensembl databases, there are 2 genes in the neighborhood of the Lpcat3 gene:
- The Emg1 gene (Entrez ID: 14791; ENSMUSG00000004268) is located approx. 5.0 kb downstream of Lpcat3 exon3 in a tail-to-tail orientation.
- The Phb2 gene (Entrez ID: 12034; ENSMUSG00000004264) is located approx. 13.0 kb downstream of Lpcat3 exon3 in a tail-to-head orientation.
- The corresponding conditional KO allele is available as line 11200.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2009.
Gene Family: Transferase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Lpcat3
Gene Accession Number: NM_145130.1
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 3