- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 2 to 5 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region: 1.7 kb).
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exons 2 to 5 should results in loss of function of the Lcat gene by deleting part of the catalytic domain (including the active site).
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- According to NCBI and Ensembl databases, there are 2 genes in the neighborhood of the Lcat gene:
- The Slc12a4 gene (Entrez ID: 20498; ENSMUSG00000017765) is located 1 kb upstream of Lcat exon 2 in a tail-to-head orientation.
- The Psmb10 gene (Entrez ID: 19171; ENSMUSG00000031897) is located 3.5 kb downstream of Lcat exon 5 in a tail-to-head orientation.
- The corresponding conditional KO allele is available as line 11375.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2010.
Gene Family: Transferase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Lcat
Gene Accession Number: NM_008490.1
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase