- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and has been transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Kncj1 exon 2 contains the complete open reading frame (ORF).
- Exon 2 has been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region 3.5 kb).
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 2 should result in loss of function of the Kncj1 gene by deleting the complete ORF and by removing the 3'UTR.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- The corresponding conditional KO allele is available as line 11481.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2011.
Gene Family: Ion channel
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Kcnj1
Gene Accession Number: NM_019659
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: potassium inwardly-rectifying channel, subfamily J, member 1