- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Irf5 exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 3 to 9 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region 4.2 kb).
- A polyadenylation signal (hGHpA: human Growth Hormone polyadenylation signal) has been inserted 3' of the Irf5 gene in order to prevent downstream transcription in the constitutive KO allele.
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exons 3 to 9 should result in loss of function of the Irf5 gene by removing most of the gene. After Cre-mediated deletion of exons 3 to 9, the hGHpA cassette should prevent downstream transcription.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- The corresponding constitutive KO allele is available as line 12685.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2012.
Gene Family: Regulatory factor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Irf5
Gene Accession Number: NM_001252382.1
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic