- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into Taconic’s C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Hrh3 exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 1 to 3 have been replaced by the FRT site flanked neomycin resistance gene cassette.
- The neomycin resistance gene cassette has been removed by transient transfection of Flp recombinase into targeted ES cell clones.
- The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals.
- Deletion of exons 1 to 3 should result in loss of function of the Hrh3 gene.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2008.
Gene Family: Receptor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Hrh3
Gene Accession Number: NM_133849
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: histamine receptor H3