- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Grik1 exon 1 contains the translation initiation site.
- Exon 4 has been flanked by LoxP sites.
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 4 (1.0 kb) should result in loss of function of the Grik1 gene by generating a frameshift from exon 3 to exons 5 to 12 (premature Stop codon in exon 5).
- Remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2009.
Gene Family: Receptor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Grik1
Gene Accession Number: NM_146072
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: glutamate receptor, ionotropic, kainate 1