- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and has been transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Fgfr1 exon 2 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 4 and 5 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region 1.6 kb).
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exons 4 and 5 should result in the loss of function of the Fgfr1 gene by deleting half of the second Ig-like C2-type domain, and by generating a frameshift from exon 3 to exon 6 (premature Stop codon in exon 6).
- Remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2010.
Gene Family: Receptor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Accession Number: NM_010206.2
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: fibroblast growth factor receptor 1