- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Cyp8b1 exon 1 contains the complete open reading frame (ORF).
- Exon 1 and 1.9 kb of sequence upstream of exon 1 (promoter region) have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region:4.1 kb).
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 1 and the proximal promoter should result in loss of function of the Cyp8b1 gene by removing the complete gene.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- The corresponding constitutive KO allele is available as line 11784.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2011.
Gene Family: Hydrolase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Cyp8b1
Gene Accession Number: NM_010012
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: cytochrome P450, family 8, subfamily b, polypeptide 1