- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Ctsk exon 2 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 3-4 have been flanked by loxP sites.
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been subsequently backcrossed to C57BL/6NTac animals for at least 2 generations and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exons 3-4 should result in loss of function of the Cth gene by deleting the peptidase domain.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in intron regions of the genome.
- The corresponding conditional KO allele is available as line 11241.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2006.
Gene Family: Protease
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Ctsk
Gene Accession Number: NM_007802
Allele Type: KO
Source: Institut Clinique de la Souris (ICS), Illkirch, France
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic