- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into Taconic’s C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Clec5a exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 2 to 4 have been flanked by loxP sites including the FRT site flanked neomycin resistance gene cassette.
- The neomycin resistance gene cassette has been removed by transient transfection of Flp recombinase into targeted ES cell clones.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals.
- The constitutive KO allele can be generated by Cre-mediated recombination. Deletion of exons 2 to 4 should result in loss of function of the Clec5a gene.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2009.
Gene Family: Lectin
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Clec5a (Mdl1)
Gene Accession Number: NM_001038604
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: C-type lectin domain family 5, member a