- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Exon 3 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 6 and 7 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region is 1.8 kb).
- The positive selection marker (Puromycin resistance - PuroR) has been flanked by FRT sites and inserted into intron 5.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- The constitutive KO allele can be generated by Cre-mediated recombination.
- Deletion of exons 6 and 7 should result in the loss of function of the Brd4 gene by generating a frameshift from exon 5 to exons 8-11 (premature Stop codon in exon 8).
- The remaining recombination sites will be located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed 2013.
Gene Family: Transcriptional regulator
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Brd4
Gene Accession Number: ENSMUST00000003726
Allele Type: cKO
Official Gene Name: bromodomain containing 4