The targeting vector has been transfected into the TaconicArtemis C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
The following elements have been inserted into the ROSA26 locus:
- A CAG promoter cassette (containing a cytomegalovirus early enhancer element, a chicken beta-actin promoter and an adenovirus intron).
- Lox-P flanked hGHpA cassette to stop the transcription of the Bcl2l11 cDNA.
- The Bcl2l11 open reading frame (based on NCBI transcript NM_009754).
- A synthetic polyadenylation signal.
- A Neomycin resistance (NeoR) cassette containing a polyadenylation signal and lacking a translation initiation codon.
The conditional TTG line has been generated by crossing chimeras to C57BL/6NTac animals.
The constitutive TTG allele can be generated by Cre-mediated recombination by crossing line 11035 to a Cre-Deleter. Deletion of hGHpA cassette should result in transcription of the cDNA
The Bcl2l11 protein is expressed under the control of the CAG promoter.
The presence of the NeoR cassette terminates the transcription from the ROSA26 promoter.
Datamining and Design performed in 2007.
Gene Family: Enzyme activator
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Bcl2l11
Gene Accession Number: NM_207681
Allele Type: cTTG
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: BCL2-like 11 (apoptosis facilitator)