Mouse Rapid Expansion and Derivations
Whether you require a simple reset of the health status or an accelerated build of your breeding colony, Taconic offers a derivation service to meet your needs. We understand that a successful research pipeline demands a balance of speed, price and quality. When your need for mice is critical, the time required to naturally expand a breeding colony to generate study cohorts often presents the greatest challenge. Taconic can employ in vitro fertilization and large scale embryo transfer methodologies to rapidly expand your colony to hundreds of animals with the same week of birth. These services allow you to move from donor animal to full production breeding within a matter of weeks. If you need to import animals but the health status is unacceptable, Taconic offers several options to "reset" the health status and produce a cohort that meets the health requirements of your facility.
- Rederivation will eradicate your colony of adventitious viruses, bacteria and parasites.
- Rederived animals are Murine Pathogen Free MPF™ and are delivered with an IHMS-52 Health Report.
- Rapid Expansion services allow for generation of cohorts of 20 to > 500 mice with the same week of birth with tierd pricing for the number of offspring born
- Donors from Taconic, the client or other providers may be used to preserve background
- Use animals from separate line as donors to combine cross-breeding with Rapid Expansion, saving 3-6 months