- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Slc22a6 exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Slc22a8 exon 2 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 3-11 of Slc22a8 and exons 1-9 of Slc22a6 have been deleted by homologous recombination.
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been subsequently backcrossed to C57BL/6NTac animals for at least 2 generations and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exons 3-11 of Slc22a8 and exons 1-9 of Slc22a6 should result in loss of function of the Slc22a6 and Slc22a8 genes by deleting the Major facilitator superfamily domain of both genes.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in intron regions of the genome.
- Data mining and Design performed in 2006.
Gene Family: Solute carrier
Gene Symbol: Slc22a6-a8
Gene Accession Number: NM_008766, NM_001164634
Allele Type: KO
Source: Mouse Clinical Institute (MCI)
Official Gene Name: solute carrier family 22 (organic anion transporter), member 6-8