- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Klb exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exon 1 and 2.1 kb of sequence upstream of exon 1 (promoter region) have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region 3.3 kb).
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exon 1 and proximal promoter should result in loss of function of the Klb gene, by preventing transcription of Klb mRNA.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2010.
Gene Family: Protein
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Klb
Gene Accession Number: NM_031180
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: klotho beta