Nonprofit users (excluding users at nonprofit foundations which are affiliated with a for-profit entity)
: For internal research purposes, the CIEA NOG mouse® Conditions of Use
for nonprofit users apply. If you wish to perform sponsored research or fee-for-service contract research using the CIEA NOG mouse®, please inquire
for access conditions For-profit users and users at foundations which are affiliated with for-profit entities:
The CIEA NOG mouse® Conditions of Use
for for-profit users apply. The CIEA NOG mouse® is produced and distributed under license rights to the following patents and trademarks:
- Japanese Patent No. 3,753,321
- US Patent No. 7,145,055; 5,464,764; 5,487,992; 5,627,059; 5,631,153; 5,789,215; 6,204,061; 6,653,113; 6,689,610
EP Patent No. 1,338,198
- Japanese Trademark Reg. No. 4,823,423
- US Trademark Reg. No. 3,118,040
- EU Trademark Reg. No. 3,736,758
Conditions of Use specific to models generated using CRISPR/Cas9
This Model was generated using CRISPR/Cas9 technology. Taconic uses CRISPR/Cas9 technology to generate and/or distribute gene-edited models under licenses from The Broad Institute, Inc., the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the President and Fellows of Harvard College, the University of Iowa Research Foundation and ERS Genomics. View the full list of licensed patents:
- This Model and biological materials derived from it may only be used for purchasers' internal research purposes in the Field, unless purchaser otherwise has rights from the Broad covering such use. "Field" means use as a research tool for research purposes, and expressly excludes any (a) clinical use, (b) human, veterinary, livestock or agricultural use, or (c) manufacture, distribution, sale, promotion, use or other exploitation as a testing service, therapeutic or diagnostic for humans or animals.
- The Models and biological materials derived from them will not be sold or used to perform services for third parties (unless purchaser is acting on behalf of a third party to which they have communicated these Conditions of Use and which third party has accepted these Conditions of Use), or otherwise used for commercial purposes.
- Purchasers will only use the Models and biological materials derived from them in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including applicable human health and animal welfare laws and regulations.
- Each non-profit purchaser agrees that it, and not Taconic's licensors, shall be responsible for any liability, damage, loss or expense arising out of or related to purchaser's use of the purchased Models and any biological materials derived from them , including any breach of the Label License "Conditions of Use for Taconic Transgenic Models" by purchaser.
- Each for-profit purchaser further agrees that it shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Taconic's licensors against any liability, damage, loss, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) incurred by or imposed upon any of Taconic's licensors in connection with any claims, suits, investigations, actions, demands or judgments arising out of or related to purchaser's use of the purchased Models and any biological materials derived from them.
- Each purchaser acknowledges that the purchased Models and any biological materials derived from them and its use may be the subject of one or more issued patents and/or pending patent applications owned by Taconic's licensors, and the purchase of the Models does not convey a license under any claims in the foregoing patents or patent applications.