For drug discovery researchers seeking the most translatable models available, Taconic Biosciences uniquely combines access to a robust humanized mouse model portfolio with application expertise to ensure correct study design.
Hematopoiesis and Human Immune System Engrafted Mice
What our customers say:
“Experimental Pharmacology & Oncology (EPO) GmbH uses 1st
generation NOG mice provided by Taconic for its preclinical oncology service. These mice are included in novel concepts for the development of personalized treatment options and especially suited for humanization strategies. We are very satisfied with the quality of mice, the reliability of shipment and the high level of scientific support. Further, we very much appreciate the competent and always friendly communication.” Experimental Pharmacology & Oncology (EPO) GmbH
What our customers say:
“Working with Taconic has been a great pleasure for Pharmatest. We are impressed with the high quality services, top-level scientific support, and fast and clear communication. By using humanized mice provided by Taconic, we have been able to establish more predictive animal models to support immuno-oncology therapy development.”Dr. Jenni Bernoulli, COO at Pharmatest
Easiest Access to Commercial Humanized Mice
. Taconic Biosciences is the only rodent model provider empowering customers to obtain models without an MTA or commercial use license.
A Portfolio of Humanized Mouse Model Solutions
Taconic's NOG mice
are severely immunodeficient mouse models which accept the engraftment of heterologous cells more readily than traditional immunodeficient models, making them exceptional hosts for the production of mice with human immune systems.
Study-ready Humanized Immune System Mice
Taconic offers four well-characterized strains of human immune system-engrafted mice:
- huNOG: NOG mice engrafted with human CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) and available at study-ready ages and quantities. Now available from US and EU production sites.
- huPBMC-NOG: Made-to-order human peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PBMC) engrafted mice. PBMC-humanized mice are optimally suited for Graft vs. Host Disease (GvHD) studies and as a screening system for T cell modulating drugs.
- huPBMC-B2m-NOG: Made-to-order human peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PBMC) engrafted mice using the B2m-NOG as host. Compared to NOG, B2m-NOG mice have markedly delayed GvHD onset after human PBMC engraftment, providing an expanded study window (8+ weeks). This vastly increases the utility of the model in immuno-oncology experiments.
- huNOG-EXL: A next-generation NOG mouse, expressing human cytokines that enhance immune system humanization, engrafted with CD34+ HSCs, and available at study-ready ages and quantities. Now available from US and EU production sites.
Learn more about how the huNOG-EXL compares to other models for myeloid cell engraftment in our Insight:
Next-Generation Host Models for Humanization
Next-generation humanized mouse models are based on the core NOG portfolio
and contain genetic humanizations for generating advanced mice with human immune systems, humanized PDX models, and more.
Taconic currently offers six strains of next-generation humanized mice, with additional models undergoing development and characterization:
- NOG-EXL (hGM-CSF/hIL-3 NOG): NOG mice capable of enhancing human myeloid cell engraftment through the transgenic expression of human GM-CSF and human IL-3.
- B2m-NOG: NOG mice with an additional knockout of the B2m gene which disrupts MHC class I antigen presentation; compared to NOG mice, B2m-NOG mice have markedly delayed GvHD onset after human PBMC engraftment.
- hIL-2 NOG: Super-immunodeficient NOG mice expressing transgenic human IL-2 cytokine to enhance human T cell function.
- hIL-6 NOG: IL-6 cytokine-expressing humanized mouse models with multiple applications in cancer and immunology research.
- hIL-15 NOG: NOG mice expressing human IL-15 cytokines, supporting enhanced human NK cell engraftment for applications in the assessment of antibody therapeutics and cell cytotoxicity.
- TK-NOG: NOG mice with transgenic expression of thymidine kinase under control of liver-restricted albumin promoter to facilitate hepatocyte humanization.
Humanized Mouse Model Experts to Drive Success
The correct application of research tools can be just as vital as the tools themselves in driving success. Taconic's PhD Field Application Scientists are a critical resource in delivering the best humanized model solution.
Only Taconic's Field Application Scientists can support customers with:
- Humanized mouse model selection and technical consultations
- Experimental study design and humanized model implementation
- Establishing collaborations that de-risk development of humanized mouse applications
- Identification of contract service providers with relevant humanized model expertise and experience