- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Hivep3 exon 4 contains the translation initiation site.
- K886A, K887A and K888A mutations have been introduced into exon 4 (aminoacid: KLPPKKKRLR to KLPPAAARLR; base: AAGAAAAAG to GCCGCTGCC).
- The positive selection marker (Puromycin resistance) has been flanked by F3 sites and has been inserted within intron 4.
- The constitutive PM allele has been generated after Flp-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive PM line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- The remaining FRT recombination site will be located in a non-conserved region of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2010.
Gene Family: Transcription factor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Hivep3
Gene Accession Number: ENSMUST00000106307
Allele Type: PM
Official Gene Name: human immunodeficiency virus type I enhancer binding protein 3