- A plasmid containing the Human IRBP (Retinol Binding Protein 3) promoter, a Rabbit β-globin intron and the human mutant ELOVL4 cDNA harboring the AACTT deletion resulting in progressive photoreceptor degeneration has been engineered.
- The plasmid construct was microinjected in C57BL6 mice by pronuclear injection.
- Putative transgenic founders were identified by genotyping and bred for germ line transmission with C57BL6 mice.
- Heterozygous transgenic mice were identified by genotyping.
- Line 13781, C57BL/6-Tg(ELOVL4 mut)M69-123 Mrl, has 1 transgenic copy integrated and shows lowest expression level in ONL.
- Line 13782, C57BL/6-Tg(ELOVL4 mut)M69-53 Mrl, has 2-3 transgenic copies integrated and shows intermediate expression level in ONL.
- Line 13783, C57BL/6-Tg(ELOVL4 mut)M69-80 Mrl, has 6 transgenic copies integrated and shows highest expression level in ONL.
- Data mining and Design performed in 2008.
Gene Family: Synthase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Elovl4
Gene Accession Number: NM_148941
Allele Type: Tg
Source: Uploaded into teamspace
Official Gene Name: elongation of very long chain fatty acids (FEN1/Elo2, SUR4/Elo3, yeast)-like 4