- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Both in frame Met in exon 1 have been mutated to translation termination codons (M1* and M13*).
- The positive selection marker (Puromycin resistance - PuroR) has been flanked by FRT sites and inserted into intron 1.
- The constitutive PM allele has been generated after Flp-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive PM line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation. This KI-PM allele should only express the Prkg1 transcript NM_011160.3.
- The remaining FRT recombination site will be located in a non-conserved region of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2013.
Gene Family: Kinase
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Prkg1
Gene Accession Number: ENSMUST00000073581
Allele Type: PM
Official Gene Name: protein kinase, cGMP-dependent, type I