* The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into Taconic’s C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
* Exons 1 to 4 have been replaced by the FRT site flanked neomycin resistance gene cassette.
* The neomycin resistance gene cassette has been removed by transient transfection of Flp recombinase into targeted ES cell clones.
* The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals.
* Deletion of exons 1 to 4 should result in loss of function of the Fabp4
gene by removing the entire coding sequence.
* The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
* Datamining and Design performed in 2008.
Gene Family: Enzyme activator
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Accession Number: NM_024406
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: fatty acid binding protein 4, adipocyte