- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into Taconic’s C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Lair1 exon 1 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 3 to 7 have been replaced by the FRT site flanked neomycin resistance gene cassette.
- The neomycin resistance gene cassette has been removed by transient transfection of Flp recombinase into targeted ES cell clones.
- The constitutive KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals.
- Deletion of exons 3 to 7 should result in loss of function of the Lair1 gene by removing most of the coding sequence.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2005.
Gene Family: Receptor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Lair1
Gene Accession Number: NM_001113474
Allele Type: KO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: leukocyte-associated Ig-like receptor 1