- The transgenic construct contains 5´ a floxed neo cassette, the 8.5 kb mouse insulin promotor (MIP), the rabbit b-globulin intron, the human GPR6 cDNA, and the SV40 polyA signal.
- The transgenic construct was transfected into C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Copy numbers of random integrators were determined by Southern blotting.
- The neomycin resistance cassette was removed by Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The transgenic founders were subsequently backcrossed to C57BL/6NTac animals for at least 2 generations and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Line 11210, M160 clone 13, contains 2-3 copies of the transgene.
- Line 11211, M160 clone 27, contains 10-25 copies of the transgene.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2008.
Gene Family: G-protein coupled receptor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Gpr6
Gene Accession Number: NM_176958
Allele Type: TG
Source: Institut Clinique de la Souris (ICS), Illkirch, France
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: G protein-coupled receptor 6