- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and has been transfected into TaconicArtemis C57BL/6N Tac ES cell line.
- Fgfr3 exon 2 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 8 to 10 have been flanked by loxP sites (size of loxP-flanked region: 2.6 kb).
- The conditional KO allele has been obtained after Flp-mediated removal of the selection marker by crossing chimeras to a Flp-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The conditional KO line has been derived using C57BL/6NTac animals and the Flp-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exons 8 to 10 should result in the loss of function of the Fgfr3 gene by deleting the transmembrane domain and half of the third Ig-like C2-type domain, and by generating a frameshift from exon 7 to exons 11-13 (premature Stop codon in exon 11).
- Remaining recombination sites are located in non-conserved regions of the genome.
- Datamining and Design performed in 2010.
Gene Family: Receptor
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Fgfr3
Gene Accession Number: NM_001205270
Allele Type: cKO
Availability: Cryopreserved at Taconic
Official Gene Name: fibroblast growth factor receptor 3