Orders by weight:
- Carries a functional deletion of the Cyp2f2 gene. Homozygous mice do not express Cyp2f2.
- Cyp2f2 knock out mice do not develop styrene- or 7,8-styrene oxide-induced lung tumors seen in wild type animals.
- This model is useful for studies of lung metabolism mediated by Cyp2f2, and for identifying metabolites and toxicity of metabolites.
Taconic cannot accept orders by weight for this model. Please note that shipments may contain animals with a larger weight variation.
Origin: The Cyp2f2 knock out mouse was generated in the laboratory of Dr. Xinxin Ding at the Wadsworth Center (NYS DOH). A targeting construct containing a 1.7-kbp Sma I-BstE II fragment (Cyp2f2 exons 2 and 3) and a 8.0-kb Apa I-Sal I fragment (Cyp2f2 exons 5-9 and a loxP site) was used to target the Cyp2f2 gene in Bruce4 (C57BL/6-derived) ES cells. Positive clone ES cells were injected into albino B6(Cg)-Tyrc-2J/J blastocysts and resulting male chimeras were backcrossed with C57BL/6 females for one generation. Taconic received stock in 2010 and during derivation backcrossed one generation to C57BL/6NTac. The resulting heterozygous mice were intracrossed and this line is maintained through mating of homozygotes.
Availability: Available off-the shelf.
- Li L, Wei Y, Van Winkle L, Zhang QY, Zhou X, Hu J, Xie F, Kluetzman K, Ding X. (2011) Generation and characterization of a Cyp2f2-null mouse and studies on the role of CYP2F2 in naphthalene-induced toxicity in the lung and nasal olfactory mucosa. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 339(1):62-71.
- Carlson, GP (2012). Modification of the metabolism and toxicity of styrene and styrene oxide in hepatic cytochrome P450 reductase deficient mice and CYP2F2 deficient mice. Toxicology 294: 104– 108.
- Cruzan G, Bus J, Hotchkiss J, Harkema J, Banton M, Sarang S. (2012) CYP2F2-generated metabolites, not styrene oxide, are a key event mediatingthe mode of action of styrene-induced mouse lung tumors. Regul. Toxicol. Pharmacol. 62: 214–220.