- The targeting vector has been generated using C57BL/6J DNA and transfected into C57BL/6NTac ES cell line.
- Chit1 exon 2 contains the translation initiation codon.
- Exons 4-5 have been flanked by loxP sites.
- The constitutive KO allele has been generated after Cre-mediated recombination by crossing chimeras to a Cre-Deleter on a C57BL/6 background.
- The constitutive KO line has been subsequently backcrossed to C57BL/6NTac animals for at least 2 generations and the Cre-transgene was removed by segregation.
- Deletion of exons 4-5 should result in loss of function of the Chit1 gene by deleting the Chitinase II domain.
- The remaining recombination sites are located in intron regions of the genome.
- Data mining and Design performed in 2005.
Gene Family: Enzyme
Genetic Background: C57BL/6
Gene Symbol: Chit1
Gene Accession Number: NM_027979
Allele Type: KO
Source: Taconic line 7900, plus MCI mol bio pac uploaded
Official Gene Name: chitinase 1 (chitotriosidase)